Or lack there of...
25.07.2007 - 26.07.2007 35 °C
So now that our trip is over, everyone is going to be asking us, what was your favourite place? What did you learn? Yadee yadee yadaa. So, here ya go! Be the first to know.
Top 5 Favourite Places:
1) San Sebastien
Lessons Learned: The Sixteen Commandments
1) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's gelato.
2) Thou shalt always order lemon gelato in Italy.
3) Thou shalt not buy cheap wine in Greece - it is not the same as France!
4) Thou shalt not take the words of train attendants at face value. They are not to be trusted.
5) Thou shalt book everything ahead of time when travelling after June 15th.
6) Remember the earplugs and keep them handy.
7) Thou shalt not make thy cell phone an idol (like Europeans tend to do!)
8) Thou shalt make thy Leatherman an idol.
9) Thou shalt follow the word of the locals.
10) Thou shalt not steal, but haggle thy must.
11) Thou shalt not drink coffee in the UK. They should stick to their tea specialty!
12) Thou shalt not travel on Rick Steves' recommendations.
13) Thou shalt not travel in peak summer times.
14) Thou shalt not take overnight trains in Spain.
15) Remember thy rain gear and keep in handy in the UK.
16) Thou shalt not travel on Sundays!
And remember....everything is free, plus a surcharge, even railpasses!
We'd like to extend our warmest thanks to the following people for helping to make this trip possible for us: Roger/Dad, Sandy and Warren/Mum and Dad, Sherri and Anders, Christopher and Laura, Sally, Aunty Jilly, Uncle Tony, Markus and Nina, Maryse and da Fam, Spiros and all those who have supported us along the way! Our deepest appreciation goes out to you all. Also, thank you readers for following us on our grand adventure! PEACE!